James shares his experience attending the spiritual retreat the Hoffman Process and Y&Y share their thoughts on Hamilton the musical.
* Some friends of Dan listen to the podcast.
* James watched Hamilton recently and is donating his car.
* Overall, the Hoffman process was helpful, though the cost is pretty high for a week (James was sponsored).
* At the retreat, no discussions about divisive things were allowed.
* Four step process that spans over 6 days: Awareness, Expression, Compassion/Forgiveness, New Behavior
* A lot of personal issues are traced back to parents/surrogate parents.
* The importance of FEELINGS.
* James goes through some of the exercises of the Hoffman Process and his reaction to them.
* People need to find love for themselves. You can't help others if you can't help yourself first.
* The Crow (1994), played by Brandon Lee, says this about motherhood: “Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. “
* Hamilton the musical: People are cast to replicate the original Broadway cast experience. Everyone sounds for the most part like the Original Broadway Cast recording.
Language Corner -
* 自身難保 - zìshēn nánbǎo - hard to take care of oneself
* soapland - ソープランド - sōpurando - a Japanese business establishment that offers “cleanly” adult entertainment
- The Hoffman Process from the Hoffman Institute https://www.hoffmaninstitute.org/
- GQ Article on another writer's personal experience at the Hoffman Process: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-hoffman-process-review
- Hamilton Official Site https://hamiltonmusical.com/us-tour/
Find us on: