Yin & Young discuss film and Young returns to Taiwan for a funeral and revisits a potential love.
Cinema Corner/Film Talk:
INFINITY WAR 00:00 - 14:10
* Dan liked that every hero's scene wasn't shortchanged.
* James was fairly positive about the film, you can listen to his movie debate on The Movie Standoff.
* Picking nits about some of the relationships of the movie.
* Thanos vs Apocalypse (X-Men)
* Apocalypse looked too cartoonish
SOLO 14:10 - 22:15
* ”Solo" James didn't enjoy the movie as much as "The Last Jedi".
* Dan thinks Kathleen Kennedy has lost her touch.
* There are no real stakes.
Back to Taiwan 22:15 - 32:00
* James went back to Taiwan to pay last respects to his grandmother.
* James reconnected with his mom after the funeral and was glad to see his mother's interactions with her siblings.
The Date in Taiwan 32:00 - 59:00
* James went on a date and was overthinking things. (小劇場 - xiao3ju4chang3 - lit. small stage play, but colloquially means “to overthink”)
* Date 1: They were sitting at Shida park and chatted, but James regrets not pushing things more.
* James utilized visualization techniques prior to his next date that helped him be more confident and bold and ask her back to his place.
* While they are watching a movie, James makes a move.
* Listen for the outcome =)
* James gets his question answered.
* Dan shares his past dating experiences.
* James shares a time he got high.
Approaching Women 59:00 - 1:12:20
* James approaches a woman in a parking lot. Learns that he needs to be less creepy.
* Dan gives his approach tips.
* Attachment theory: Anxious, Avoidant, Secure
* James believes he deserves someone that’s emotionally stable.
Language Corner: 1:12:20 - 1:17:06
* 豁然開朗 - Huo4ran2kai1lang2 - suddenly see the light, a lyric from a song by Touming Magazine (透明雜誌).
* めぐら - megura - blinded by love
Yin & Young links:
* Main Website: http://www.jamesyshih.com/yin-young-podcast/
* iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/yin-young-podcast-jys/id1185421015?mt=2
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yinyoungpodcast/
* YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkvtVW6pVPeKFn7H_6ai8lA?
* Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/yin-young-podcast