Part 2: Race, Politics and Filmmaking
- Canada doesn't have the institutionalized racism as the US. Asian American filmmakers require good execution and the confidence to tell their own personal stories.
- Insight into “For Izzy” (starts 30:18): the inspiration, the writing and production process, working with actors.
- Demographically, Asians are late to the entertainment game.
- Asian Americans caught between two cultures.
- Remembering Elizabeth Sung.
Full Video (parts 1 & 2) here: https://youtu.be/yi_wDklt_Ig
Language Corner: 西遊記 - xīyóujì - Journey to the West
James's takeaways from Audible's Mandarin children’s version of this Chinese epic. Mainly: By helping others, we can better ourselves (from monsters to saints), teamwork is key, and it’s a super imaginative story.
"For Izzy" links:
website - http://forizzy.com
Yin & Young links:
* Main Website: http://www.jamesyshih.com/yin-young-podcast/
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yinyoungpodcast/
* Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/yin-young-podcast