Yin & Young and returning guest Laura Cox meet with writer and Young’s fellow Milpitas home girl Vicky Luu!
* Vicky and James went to the same high school, but didn’t connect until recently in LA through a mutual high school friend, Anson, Vicky’s first boyfriend.
* Vicky dated Anson out of social pressure.
* Vicky is into true crime stories.
* Vicky writes for Superstore.
* She likes to watch a lot of different shows to see what's available.
* Top 3 things she likes that doesn't involve screens, Hiking, Camping, Eating out with Friends.
* Born and raised in Milpitas, Vicky went to USC for undergrad, studied film and TV.
* She initially liked the production end of things.
* After graduating USC, she stayed in LA as a Production Assistant working in reality TV.
* Met her writing partner on the set of "Family Guy".
* They wrote a script and their bosses passed it onto UTA and they both got signed.
* Got their first gig on "Marry Me", then to "Grinder", then went to "Superstore" in their second season.
* Vicky is conversational in Vietnamese.
* Vicky came out as a lesbian in college. Vicky shares her dramatic coming out story with her parents which involves a short film, lots of laughing, and tears.
* We get an inside look into how a writer's room works.
* Yin leaves early because he has to take his Mom, a “Fast and the Furious” fan, to the airport in the morning.
* Vicky’s grown to love LA for all the options that are available.
* Vicky shares how she met her wife.
* Discussion veers to the label people have of each other.
Mandarin (James): 辛苦 - xīnkǔ - suffering, toilsome
Korean (Laura): 짐이 많은 - jim-i manh-eun - burdensome
Vietnamese (Vicky): Dất ơi - Oh My God
Yin & Young links:
* Main Website: http://www.jamesyshih.com/yin-young-podcast/
* iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/yin-young-podcast-jys/id1185421015?mt=2
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yinyoungpodcast/
* YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkvtVW6pVPeKFn7H_6ai8lA?
* Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/yin-young-podcast