- Addressing the word “chink” and the double standard of racism against Asians.
- The feeling that the grass is greener if you were another race, but actually each culture has its advantages and disadvantages (as seen at the end of Episode 2).
- Asian parents my parent’s generation kissing or saying I love you in any context in public is rare on a quantum level.
- Jessica Huang (Constance Wu) character is a bit young to be a mother of three (which might be why Eddie thinks: “Constance was exoticized”). However, she’s super hilarious and is probably the best character.
- It’s not 鼎泰豐, but it’s a huge step and I’m eager to see how the show progresses. And orange chicken ain’t three fifths bad.